American Heart Association Eat Less Salt Cookbook
Knock down the sodium – but not the flavor – to decrease your blood pressure and risk for heart attack and stroke. This all-in-one toolkit and cookbook provide strategies for a lower-sodium lifestyle, a sodium tracker, 60 low-sodium recipes for favorite comfort foods and much more. With the book’s step-by-step approach, eating less salt has never been more achievable.
With this book, you’ll learn how to:
- Monitor your current sodium intake.
- Reduce the high-sodium products in your pantry, refrigerator and freezer.
- Read and understand food labels.
- Know which popular foods are “salt traps.”
- Keep sodium in check while eating out.
- Plan healthy, lower-sodium weekly menus without sacrificing flavor.